Modern Life is Rubbish

“To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage and kindness… The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.” ~ Howard Zinn.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Rendezvous

"Before my Soul taught me, I thought that when I was in any place on the earth I was remote from every other spot. But now I have learned that the place where I subsist is all places, and the space I occupy is all intervals." ~ Khalil Gibran
Looking out the window. Places passing by. The train moved ever so quickly. It has a date with lady-time.  Not realizing that she is always there waiting. Stopping in places to let weary souls get off. Some new souls will join the journey. While others will continue with theirs.

And here i stand facing unknown faces. On my way to some place i should have known. But is it just as nameless as those anonymous faces? To whom shall the destination be known save for I.

It stopped. The view outside is clearer now. The sun is playing hide and seek behind clouds of red and orange hues. It was such a beautiful sight. But who has the time to admire the view. Not the soulless crowds who sit and stare. For it was ever so brief. The train begins to move ever so quickly. Places passed by and would soon be forgotten. As the train continues on its rendezvous with lady-time.

No comments: